Microsoft Cloud Workshop - Optimized Architecture (M40520)
Microsoft Cloud Workshop - Optimized Architecture (M40520) Course Details:
In this course, you will learn to identify and compare IaaS and PaaS hosting options to save cost even further through the use of Azure App Service. Additionally, learn to improve resiliency and high availability through multi-region deployment.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Optimized Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab - Optimized Architecture
- Determine Appropriate App Service Tiers and Estimate Cost Savings
- Integrate Traffic Manager
- Setup API Tier in Azure App Service
- Migrate Web App Tier to App Service
- Migrate Background Tier to App Service
- Setup SQL Database Geo-Replication
- Take down old architecture / resources
- Setup European Web App Tier Instance
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Migrate an Azure IaaS optimized
- Compare cost between Azure IaaS versus Azure PaaS
- Setup SQL Database geo-replication
- Configure multi-region deployment
Workshop content presumes 300-level understanding, specifically architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop. Student should have attended or have equivalent knowledge of one of the following courses: M20532, M20533, or M20535.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘Course Overview’ and ‘What You'll Learn’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.