Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Business continuity and disaster recovery (M40528)
Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Business continuity and disaster recovery (M40528) Course Details:
In this workshop, the student will gain experience designing solutions using Azure business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) technologies. Three different types of environments will be examined. The first will consist of on-premises VMs running applications that will be migrated to Azure IaaS. Next, Azure IaaS applications that need to be failed over from either on-premises to Azure or between two Azure Regions. Finally, the use of automated failover technologies built into Azure PaaS services App Service and SQL Database will be used for PaaS applications.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on lab - Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Configure BCDR Services
- Configure environments for failover
- Simulate failovers
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Understanding the different use cases for implementing Azure Site Recovery (ASR), for on-premises VM migration to Azure IaaS
- Determine how to leverage various Azure technologies together to build a complex and robust IaaS BCDR plan this consists of using Azure Site Recovery, Azure Automation, Traffic Manager and SQL Server Always On Availability Groups (VMs), to failover and failback an Azure IaaS IIS application and database from one Azure Region to another
- Design for high-availability and using BCDR techniques with Azure PaaS including Traffic Manager, SQL Database Failover Groups with Azure App Services
Workshop content presumes 300-level understanding, specifically architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop. Student should have attended or have equivalent knowledge of one of the following courses: M20532, M20533, or M20535.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘Course Overview’ and ‘What You'll Learn’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.