Enterprise Scala and Spark
Enterprise Scala and Spark Course Details:
Enterprise Data Science is a wide-ranging field built on many core technologies and paradigms that combine to provide a robust solution. Some of these technologies and/or practices include ETL, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Network/Grid/Cloud engineering, and Business Rules.
This course explores some of these areas and provides experienced developers with a ‘big-picture’ understanding of how these technologies fit together for a professional-grade enterprise Data Science environment. You’ll learn Scala and Functional programming as well as Spark and Enterprise Integration techniques in a "breadth"-based approach for maximum exposure into the world of Enterprise Data Science. The course has several hands-on labs integrated throughout the training, but additional "depth"-based learning should be expected after this class to master Enterprise Data Science.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Functional Programming in Scala
- Functional Programming
- Scala Overview
- Scala vs. Python vs. Java vs. R
- REPL in Scala
- Installing Scala
- Hello, Scala
Introduction to Scala
- Classes and Objects
- High-Order Functions
- Types and Inference
- Pattern Matching
Using Java in Scala
- Futures, Promises, and Parallel Collections (Concurrency)
- Functional Programming Overview
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- File I/O with HDFS
- Data Frames and Resilient Distributed Datasets
- Spark SQL
- In-memory lookups
- Essential AI with MLLib
- Using Web Notebooks (Optional)
Working with NoSQL
- Not Only SQL
- Relational Data
- Columnar Databases
- Document Databases
- Key/Value Databases
- Graph Databases
- Hive in Spark
- Spark Streaming Model
- Streaming with Kafka
- Machine Learning Essentials
- Spark ML/MLLib
- MLLib and Streaming
- MLlib, Streaming, and Kafka
- Enterprise Service and Message Busses
- Lambda Architecture
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn:
- Essential Scala programming, leveraging your existing OO development experience
- How to write essential Spark programs and perform exploratory data analysis in Scala and the Spark shell
- Work with Spark Core
- Work with NoSQL
- How to write programs for Spark Streaming in Scala
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in core Spark and Scala skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review.
Before attending this course, you should have:
- Experience in Java development, object-oriented enterprise applications at a basic level
- Familiarity with Eclipse
- Be comfortable with the Linux/Unix command line, including editing text files
Data Scientists and Developers.