JumpStart to Developing in Apache Spark
JumpStart to Developing in Apache Spark Course Details:
Apache Spark is an important component in the Hadoop Ecosystem as a cluster computing engine used for Big Data. Building on top of the Hadoop YARN and HDFS ecosystem, Spark offers faster in-memory processing for computing tasks when compared to Map/Reduce. It can be programmed in Java, Scala, Python, and R along with SQL-based front-ends.
With advanced libraries like Mahout and MLib for Machine Learning, GraphX, or Neo4J for rich data graph processing, as well as access to other NoSQL data stores, Rule engines, and components, Spark is a lynchpin in modern Big Data and Data Science computing.
This course introduces you to enterprise-grade Spark programming and the components to craft complete data science solutions. This is a fast-paced course intended to show topical overviews and “big-picture” interactions, while providing you with hands-on experience. This course is offered in Java, and with some alterations, Python, Scala, and R.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Overview of Spark
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Hadoop YARN vs. Mesos
- Spark vs. Map/Reduce
- Spark: Lambda Architecture
- Spark in the Enterprise Data Science Architecture
Spark Component Overview
- Spark Shell
- RDDs: Resilient Distributed Datasets
- Data Frames
- Spark 2 Unified DataFrames
- Spark Sessions
- Functional Programming
- Spark SQL
- Structured Streaming
- Spark R
- Spark and Python
RDDs: Resilient Distributed Datasets
- Coding with RDDs
- Lazy Evaluation and Optimization
- RDDs in Map/Reduce
- RDDs vs. DataFrames
- Unified Dataframes (UDF) in Spark 2.x
- RDD Persistence
- DataFrame and Unified DataFrame Persistence
- Distributed Persistence
Accessing NoSQL Data
- Ingesting data
- Relational Databases and Sqoop
- Interacting with Hive
- Graph Data
- Accessing Cassandra Data
- Spark SQL
- SQL and DataFrames
- Spark SQL and Hive
- Spark SQL and JDBC
- ML Lib
- Streaming Overview
- Structured Streaming
- Lambda Streaming
- Spark and Kafka
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn:
- The essentials of Spark architecture and applications
- How to execute Spark Programs
- How to create and manipulate both RDDs (Resilient Distributed Datasets) and UDFs (Unified Data Frames)
- How to persist and restore data frames
- Essential NoSQL access
- How to integrate machine learning into Spark applications
- How to use Spark Streaming and Kafka to create streaming applications
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
If you’re looking to explore Spark and Hadoop in additional depth, consider Developing with Spark for Big Data (8750).
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in core R programming and data analytics skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review.
Before attending this course, you should have:
- Java programming experience
- Python programming experience
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Comfort with navigating the Linux command line
- Basic knowledge of Linux editors (such as VI/nano) for editing code
Experienced Developers and Architects who seek proficiency in working with Apache Spark in an enterprise data environment.