z/OS JCL and Utilities
z/OS JCL and Utilities Course Details:
This course is designed to teach you how to use z/OS Job Control Language (JCL) and selected z/OS utility programs in an online batch environment. Both Storage Management Subsystem (SMS) and non-SMS JCL are discussed. Machine lab exercises complement the lecture material.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Code basic JCL statements using proper syntax and coding rules, including JCL for:
- Creating new data sets
- Referencing existing data sets
- Condition code testing
- IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF constructs
- Generation data groups
- Output routing
- JCL enhancements introduced by various releases of MVS, OS/390, and z/OS
- Identify storage management subsystem requirements
- Code instream and cataloged procedures
- Use symbolic parameters in procedures
- Code procedure overrides and additions
- Use selected utility programs
- Describe tape processing facilities
- Code sort and merge control statements and associated JCL statements
- Recognize and resolve common ABENDS
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies.
You should be familiar with:
- z/OS concepts and how these systems supports the Enterprise Servers.
This knowledge can be obtained by attending course ES05, An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05).
This course is for people who want to use z/OS JCL and utilities.