R Essentials for Data Scientists
R Essentials for Data Scientists Course Details:
If you’re currently working with Excel, Matlab, Mathematica, and/or SAS for numerical analysis and want to get started using more powerful OpenSource environments including the R programming language, this course is for you.
R is a functional programming environment for business analysts and data scientists. It's a language that many non-programmers can easily work with, naturally extending a skill set that is common to high-end Excel users. It's the perfect tool for when you have a statistical, numerical, or probabilities problems based on real data and you’ve pushed Excel past its limits.
In this course we present common scenarios encountered in analysis and present practical solutions. Some attention is paid to data science theory including AI grouping theory. A discussion of using R with libraries are included which prepares you for using Spark/R.
If you’re looking for deeper coverage and more advanced concepts, consider R Programming for Data Scientists and Analysts (100680).
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
From Excel to R
- Common problems with Excel
- The R Environment
- Hello, R
- Simple Math with R
- Working with Vectors
- Comments and Code Structure
- Using Packages
- Vector Properties
- Creating, Combining, and Iterating
- Passing and Returning Vectors in Functions
- Logical Vectors
Reading and Writing Files
- Text Manipulation
- Working with Dates
- Date Formats and formatting
- Time Manipulation and Operations
- Adding a second dimension
- Indices and named rows and columns in a Matrix
- Matrix calculation
- n-Dimensional Arrays
- Data Frames
Overview of R in Data Science
- AI Grouping Theory
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Elastic Net
- Powerful Data through Visualization: Communicating the Message
- R in Spark
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn:
- R Language and Mathematics
- How to work with R Vectors
- How to read and write data from files, and how to categorize data in factors
- How to work with Dates and perform Date math
- How to work with multiple dimensions and DataFrame essentials
- Essential Data Science and how to use R with it
- Visualization in R
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in core R programming and data analytics skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review.
Before attending this course, you should have:
- Working experience with Excel
- Basic understanding of SQL
Data Analyst and Data Scientists