PowerHA 7 Planning, Implementing, Customizing and Administration
PowerHA 7 Planning, Implementing, Customizing and Administration Course Details:
This course is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA SystemMirror
- Design and plan a highly available PowerHA cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA SystemMirror in the following modes of operation:
- Single resource group on a primary node with standby node (active/passive)
- Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration (active/active)
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery
This course is the first in the PowerHA 7 curriculum. The following courses can be taken after this course is completed:
- PowerHA 7 Advanced Configurations (AN620)
- PowerHA SystemMirror 7 Migration (AN650)
- PowerHA/XD: Extended Distance and Disaster Recovery (AN440)
The audience for this advanced course is students who are experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM) experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 and later cluster on an IBM Power Systems server running AIX V6.1 or later. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 7.1 TL2 level system.