IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop
IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop Course Details:
Leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the IBM Storwize V7000 - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. Focus on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the IBM Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. Exploit both internal storage of the IBM Storwize V7000 as well as SAN attached external heterogeneous storage to centralize storage provisioning to both Fibre Channel and iSCSI host servers from common storage pools. Improve storage utilization effectiveness using thin provisioning and Real-time Compression. Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) usage with Easy Tier. Address backup recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives with FlashCopy technology. Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment. Scale-out with a clustered Storwize V7000 system for capacity, throughput, and greater management efficiency.
This course covers the Storwize V7000 product but does not cover the features of the Storwize V7000 Unified product. The functions of the Storwize V7000 Unified product are covered in course IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Implementation Workshop (SSG00).
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Set up and configure the Storwize V7000
- Install and cable expansion enclosures
- Create RAID arrays using internal Storwize V7000 storage and manage drive use attributes
- Define and manage storage pools using internal Storwize V7000 storage as well as SAN attached external storage
- Update zoning policies to enable the Storwize V7000 to access SAN attached external storage and provision storage to host servers
- Utilize Storwize V7000 management interfaces to support the networked storage environment, assign storage to servers, migrate data, replicate data across attaching storage systems, and monitor storage access activities
- Take advantage of storage efficiency solutions including Thin Provisioning, Volume Mirroring, Real-time Compression, and Easy Tier
- Migrate existing data to the virtualized Storwize V7000 environment
- Implement point-in-time copies across internal and external storage using FlashCopy GUI presets
- Utilize Easy Tier to optimize the usage of solid state drives (SSDs)
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN712)or
- have equivalent knowledge
You should have
- a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations
This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.