IBM i System Administration
IBM i System Administration Course Details:
Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of an IBM i. Emphasis is on security, system availability, backup and recovery, system software management, and problem determination. Also, get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of the IBM i.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Describe and implement the components of IBM i security, such as user profile, group profile, authorization list, adopted authority and object / resource security
- Develop a security plan for your IBM i
- Describe the options to implement security auditing
- Develop a plan to audit security on your IBM i
- Describe the IBM i availability products and features and choose the option(s) that best fit your company requirements
- Describe how to backup and recover user, IBM and full system data on the IBM i
- Develop a backup and recovery plan for your IBM i
- Describe the system diagnostics and problem determination procedures available on the IBM i
- complete System Operator Workshop for IBM i (AS240)
- have responsibility for implementing the security features available for IBM i
- have responsibility for the implementation of a backup and recovery plan and system availability for your Power Systems with IBM i
This is an intermediate course intended for IBM i system administrators, data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage security, backup and recovery, system software and problem determination. This course is not recommended for system operators.