AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM): Concepts and Configuration
AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM): Concepts and Configuration Course Details:
Learn the fundamental capabilities of the Network Installation Management (NIM) facility of the AIX 6 operating system.
This course uses a combination of instructor lecture and machine exercises to provide you with practical background knowledge.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Explain key NIM concepts and terminology
- Display NIM-related information
- Set up a NIM master
- Perform a base AIX (RTE) install
- Define and use several types of NIM objects
- Perform an automated install
- Create and use mksysb resources
- Maintain lpp_source and SPOT resources
- Update NIM clients
You should have basic AIX systems administration skills and be able to use HMC V7 to manage POWER-based managed systems
These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN110)
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN120)
This intermediate course is appropriate for anyone with system administrative duties installing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) environment.