Advanced System Operator for System i
Advanced System Operator for System i Course Details:
This course is designed to enhance the skills of an IBM i System Operator. This course explains the concept of how LPAR works and discusses the functions provided by the HMC. We will discuss the IBM i Access Family of products in general and Access Client Solutions, specifically. We will discuss the different types of security that you can implement in order to control who has access to your data and what they can do with that data if they are allowed to access. We will discuss security control via system values, user and group profiles, authorization lists, and adopted authority. This course will help you develop additional skills in the areas of work management and how to create a basic CL program. In the area of CL programming, we discuss concepts of programming, then how to create a basic CL program using the traditional application development tools PDM and SEU. Then, you will learn how to use the GUI tools in RDP (RSE and LPEX). You will also learn the steps to create a menu using SDA. You will learn some tips that you can use to help improve your IBM i operations. We will also discuss how you can use Management Central as a tool to manage a single system or a network of TCP/IP connected Power Systems with IBM i.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Explain the concept of how LPAR works
- Explain the functions served by the HMC
- Explain how user versus resource security are implemented
- Explain the difference between group profiles and authorization lists
- Describe how adopted authority works
- Describe how work is managed on the system and the concepts of the performance tuning process on the system
- Explain how Management Central can be used to manage a single system or a network of System i servers
- Perform the steps to create a basic CL program using both the traditional (PDM and SEU) and the newer GUI (RSE and LPEX) application development tools
- Perform the steps to create a menu using SDA
- Provide some tips on how you can improve your operations
This advanced course is designed for those individuals who are responsible for operating and managing the operation of an IBM i system.