C++ and Programming Basics for Non-Programmers (TTC2000-C)
C++ and Programming Basics for Non-Programmers (TTC2000-C) Course Details:
C++ and Programming Basics for Non-Programmers is a five-day, basic-level training course geared for IT candidates who have little or no prior experience in computer programming. Throughout this gentle introduction to programming and C++, students will learn to create applications and libraries using C++ using best practices and sound OO development techniques for writing object-oriented programs in C++. Special emphasis is placed on object-oriented concepts and best practices throughout the training.
This program can be easily adjusted to tune the topics, agenda or hands-on to better suit the needs of your organization or incoming skill levels of the attendees.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Introduction to programming
- Basic computer architecture (memory, CPU, IO)
- Programming languages¦Overview of C++
C++ General Language Features
- Basic syntax
- Data types
- Program flow
- Intro Functions
- Data Structures
Intro Object-Oriented Features
- Overview of O-O concepts
- Static (class members)
- Object Relationships
- Abstract Types
- Object Lifecycle
- Base Classes
- Derived Classes
- Overriding members
- Abstract members and classes
Value Types vs Reference Types
- Defining custom exceptions
Intro C++ Std Library
- I/O classes
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Working in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, attending students will:
- Learn about basic computer architecture (memory, CPU, IO)
- Gain basic knowledge of the C++ programming language, features and functions in today’s development initiatives
- Gain hands-on practice using C++ basic syntax and functions to build basic software applications
- Learn about Object Oriented development and best practices
- Learn and apply core development functions such as dynamic memory, inheritance, value type / reference types, exceptions and more
- Get a light introduction to the C++ Standard Library
- Gain skills required to exit the course with a foundation in basic programming skills and C++ knowledge to carry forward to additional study and practice.
This ‘skills-centric’ course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture designed to train attendees in core OO and C++ development skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest coding practices. Students will explore a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, practical hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. Our courses include a wide range of supporting materials and labs to ensure all students are appropriately challenged or assisted at all times.
This is a basic-level coding course designed for students with little or no prior programming experience.