Motivate for Full Engagement - Leading with Impact
Motivate for Full Engagement - Leading with Impact Course Details:
Creating an environment that helps others feel motivated to fully engage in their work is one of the most important contributions a leader can make. Highly motivated employees are more productive, more creative, and more focused on achieving quality results for themselves and their organizations.
In this course, you will consider your motivation and the role of motivation in leading others. You will investigate intrinsic and extrinsic motivation sources, explore four key motivational drivers, and learn to bring out motivation in yourself and others in order to fully engage in the work of the team or organization.
Benefits for the Individual
- Increased understanding of why motivation matters
- Improved clarity about what drives motivation
- Better understanding of what motivates you on the job
- Greater clarity on what motivation looks like
- Optimized motivation in yourself and others
Benefits for the Organization
- Enhanced employee engagement
- Improved organizational culture
- Improved performance
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Why Motivation Matters
2. What Creates Motivation?
- Exploring the two types of motivation
- Understanding the power and limitations of each
3. Motivation Drivers
- Exploring the four motivation drivers
4. Optimizing Motivation Worksheet
- Understand what motivates you
5. What Motivation Looks Like
- Identifying the sources of motivation as willingness, attitude, confidence and commitment.
6. How You Can Optimize Motivation in Others
- Applying the Optimizing Motivation worksheet to others' on your team
7. When Things Get in the Way
- Identifying the obstacles that exist in your organization
- Determine strategies to overcome obstacles
8. More or Less
- Consider a motivation scenario and determine which of the four suggested responses are 'more or less' correct
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Motivation and how it relates to employee engagement
- Sources and drivers of motivation
- What motivational factors drive your behaviour at work
- Assess your motivation level on a current work activity
- Outward signs of motivation: willingness, attitude, commitment, and confidence
- Individual differences in motivation
- Ways to enhance your motivation at work
- Assess your perception of others' motivation on a current work activity
- How to help others tap into their motivation at work
Leaders at all levels: vice presidents, directors, managers, supervisors, team leaders and project managers