Introduction to React | React Essentials
Introduction to React | React Essentials Course Details:
Introduction to React | React Essentials is a three-day hands-on course designed to get you quickly up and running with core React skills. Geared for more experienced web developers new to React, this course provides you with the core knowledge and hands-on skills required to build reliable and powerful React apps.
Throughout the course you’ll explore React fundamentals with a progressive, example-driven approach. You’ll create your first apps, learn how to write components, start handling user interaction, and manage rich forms. We end the first part by exploring the inner workings of Create React App (Facebook’s tool for running React apps), writing automated unit tests, and building a multi-page app that uses client-side routing.
- Prefer const and let over var
- Arrow functions
- Template literals
- The spread operator and Rest parameters
- Enhanced object literals
- Default arguments
- Destructuring assignments
Your First React Web Application
- Setting up your development environment
- Code editor
- Node.js and npm
- Install Git
- Getting started
- Sample Code
- Previewing the application
- Prepare the app
- What’s a component?
- Our first component
- The developer console
- Building The App
- Making The App data-driven
- The data model
- Using props
- Rendering multiple products
- Your app’s first interaction
- Propagating the event
- Binding custom component methods
- Using state
- Setting state with this.setState()
- Updating state and immutability
- Refactoring with the Babel plugin transform-class-properties
- Babel plugins and presets
- Property initializers
- Refactoring The App
- Refactoring The List
JSX and the Virtual DOM
- React Uses a Virtual DOM
- Why Not Modify the Actual DOM?
- What is a Virtual DOM?
- Virtual DOM Pieces
- Experimenting with ReactElement
- Rendering Our ReactElement
- Adding Text (with children)
- Creates Elements
- Attribute Expressions
- Conditional Child Expressions
- Boolean Attributes
- Spread Syntax
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn:
- A basic and advanced understanding of React components
- An advanced and in-depth knowledge of how React works
- A complete understanding of using Redux
- How to build, validate, and populate interactive forms
- How to use inline styles for perfect looking components
- How to test React components
- How to build and use components
- How to get control of your build process
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in core modern web development skills, coupling the most effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. Our courses include a wide range of supporting materials and labs to ensure all students are appropriately challenged or assisted at all times.