CompTIA Server+ Certification Training (Exam SK0-005)
CompTIA Server+ Certification Training (Exam SK0-005) Course Details:
Server+ demonstrates the technical knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of tasks on server platforms in data centers or cloud environments.
CompTIA Server+ is a global certification that validates the hands-on skills of IT professionals who install, manage, and troubleshoot servers in data centers as well as on-premise and hybrid environments. CompTIA Server+ is the only certification that can ensure that IT professionals at the administrator level are able to do the job in any environment because it is the only certification not restricted to a single platform.
CompTIA Server+ teaches learners the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and manage server hardware and operating systems (Oss) by implementing proper security controls, successfully troubleshooting common server problems, and demonstrating an understanding of key disaster recovery concepts.
Why is CompTIA Server+ different?
- 12% job growth is expected for Network & Computer Systems Administrators, 2012 – 2022, according to the latest BLS website information.
- Average salary for a Server+ certified IT professionals is about $82,000.
- 82% of employers recognize that certified employees are valuable to their organizations.
The new CompTIA Server+ SK0-005 is now available. CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 will retire late December 2021.
This course includes and exam voucher, study guide, and practice exams.
- Lesson 1: Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Lesson 3: Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
- Lesson 4: Managing Physical Assets
- Lesson 5: Managing Server Hardware
- Lesson 6: Configuring Storage Management
- Lesson 7: Installing and Configuring an Operating System
- Lesson 8: Troubleshooting OS, Application, and Network Configurations
- Lesson 9: Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Lesson 10: Managing Data Security
- Lesson 11: Managing Service and Data Availability
- Lesson 12: Decommissioning Servers
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Understand Server Administration Concepts
- Understand Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Understand Physical and Network Security Concepts
- Manage Physical Assets
- Manage Server Hardware
- Configure Storage Management
- Install and Configure an Operating System
- Troubleshoot OS, Application, and Network Configurations
- Manage Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Manage Data Security
- Manage Service and Data Availability
- Decommission Servers
- Assisted Lab: Investigate Server Specifications
- Assisted Lab: Deploy Virtualization Solutions
- Assisted Lab: Investigate Cloud Instances
- Applied Lab: Deploy Virtualization Resources
- Assisted Lab: Implement Network Encryption by using IPsec
- Assisted Lab: Real-time Inventory Management
- Assisted Lab: Manage Physical Servers
- Assisted Lab: Manage Log Files
- Applied Lab: Manage Inventory and System Information
- Assisted Lab: Configure RAID Storage
- Assisted Lab: Deploy a Server
- Assisted Lab: Configure Volumes and Partitions
- Assisted Lab: Manage Network Configurations
- Assisted Lab: Use Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Applied Lab: Deploy and Configure Servers
- Assisted Lab: Complete Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Assisted Lab: Manage Server Roles
- Assisted Lab: Harden the OS and Applications
- Assisted Lab: Manage Data Security
- Assisted Lab: Use Security Tools
- Applied Lab: Implement Post-Installation Requirements
- Assisted Lab: Configure Backup Solutions
- Assisted Lab: Configure NIC Teaming
- Assisted Lab: Configure Replication
- Assisted Lab: Decommission a System
- Applied Lab: Manage Availability and Server Decommissioning
Systems Administrators, Server Administrators, Field Service Engineers/Technicians, Data Center Engineers/Technicians, Network Administrators, IT Technicians