Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast Track) (CMB-318)
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast Track) (CMB-318) Course Details:
This accelerated 5-day course is designed for experienced IT professionals to build the foundational administration aspects of installing, configuring and managing a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment. Learn about configuring policies, printing and basic security features as well as more advanced topics including Windows Environment Management (WEM) and App Layering. Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment.
Also, learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with a Citrix Director and Citrix Analytics.
Module 1: Architecture Overview
- FlexCast models (use cases)
- Layered approach methodology
- Connection flow process
- Hosting platform considerations
Module 2: Initial Requirements and Lab
- Supporting infrastructure requirements
- Supporting infrastructure licensing considerations
- Preparing for Windows 10 and Server 2016 with AppDNA
- Lab environment
Module 3: Installing and Configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Licensing considerations
- Installation and management
- Basic license server troubleshooting
- Delivery Controller role
- The XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Databases and the Local Host Cache (LHC)
Module 4: Provision and Deliver Application and Desktop Resources
- The Virtual Delivery Agent
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning methods and considerations
- Provisioning methods: Machine Creation Services (MCS) in depth
- MCS environment considerations
Module 5: Providing Access with Citrix
- StoreFront and Receiver
- StoreFront installation and architecture
- StoreFront authentication services
- Self Service Password Reset
- Citrix Receiver
- Receiver configurations
Module 6: Understanding and Configuring Citrix Policies
- Policies introduction
- Policies for session management
Module 7: Application Presentation and Management
- Application properties
- File-type association
- Workspace Control
- Shortcut placement
- Session Prelaunch and Session Lingering
- Application groups
Module 8: Printing with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Printing introduction
- Print job routing
- Printer driver management
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- How to install, configure, and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 site on-premises and on Citrix Cloud including how to migrate from on-premises to Citrix Cloud.
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers.
This course is taught at a much faster pace and experience with previous versions is recommended. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of Citrix Virtual Apps or Citrix Virtual Desktops is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
Built for experienced IT Professionals new to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-prem or Citrix Cloud environment looking to gain as much information as possible in the 5-day course. In this course, you will learn the considerations and how-to setup a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop site including advanced topics as WEM and App Layering allowing fast-track preparation for the CCP-V certification.