Deploying and Managing Office 365 Hybrid Deployment
Deploying and Managing Office 365 Hybrid Deployment Course Details:
This is a 3-day ILT course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in administering, configuring, and operating Office 365 services in hybrid environments, where part of the infrastructure is hosted on-premises. This course also includes management of identities, authentication, and supporting technologies for Office 365. This course focuses on the skills required to administer and troubleshoot an Office 365 tenant, and key services of Office 365 such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business, as well services such as Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, and Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management. All these services are covered from the hybrid aspect. This course provides knowledge on how to use Office 365 services for both cloud and on-premises resources.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Module 1: Introduction to Office 365 administration and licensing
This module describes Office 365, its administration tools, and licensing options
- Overview of Office 365
- Office 365 administration and role delegation
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Hybrid deployment general overview
Module 2: Deploying and configuring directory synchronization
This module explains how to describe and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Directory synchronization and authentication overview
- Azure AD Connect deployment and configuration
- Managing user and group objects in an Office 365 hybrid environment
Module 3: Exchange Server hybrid deployment planning
This module explains how to plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online overview
- Exchange Server hybrid configuration options and deployment features
- Exchange Server services in the hybrid deployment
Module 4: Exchange Server hybrid deployment
This module explains how to perform Exchange server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Managing and configuring the Exchange hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
- Configuring message compliance and hygiene in hybrid environment
Module 5: Skype for Business and Teams in Office 365 hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment.
- Overview of Microsoft Teams
- Planning and preparing for the hybrid Skype for Business deployment
- Using the Skype for Business hybrid configuration with Phone system
- Configure the Skype for Business hybrid environment
Module 6: SharePoint and OneDrive for Business hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for business in hybrid environment.
- Overview of SharePoint Online
- Planning for a SharePoint hybrid deployment
- Deploying the SharePoint hybrid configuration
- Configuring SharePoint services in a hybrid configuration
Module 7: Deploying additional Office 365 services in a hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy Azure MFA, Identity Protection and Azure Information Protection.
- Implement Multi-Factor Authentication in a hybrid scenario
- Implement Azure Information Protection
- Implement Identity Protection and Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
Module 8: Authentication options in hybrid deployments
This module explains how to deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
- Deploy AD FS for SSO in an Office 365 hybrid environment
- Deploy pass-through authentication for SSO in Office 365
- Plan authentication options in Office 365
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Describe Office 365 administration tools and licensing options.
- Deploy and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Perform an Exchange Server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Describe and deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment.
- Deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid environment.
- Describe and deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
- Lab : Provisioning and configuring an Office 365 tenant
- Configuring on-premises DNS
- Configuring an Office 365 trial tenant
- Exploring Office 365 admin interfaces
- Lab : Administering directory synchronization, users, and groups in an Office 365 hybrid environment
- Preparing the directory and configuring Azure AD Connect
- Managing Office 365 users and groups with GUI and Windows PowerShell
- Managing Office 365 password policies and self-service password reset
- Lab : Planning and designing the integration between Exchange Online and Exchange Server 2016
- Designing an Exchange hybrid deployment
- Discussing a solution and reviewing the Exchange Online setup
- Lab : Implementing the Exchange Server hybrid deployment
- Using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Moving mailboxes between Exchange on-premises and Exchange Online
- Configuring message compliance and security in the hybrid environment
- Lab : Implementing the Skype for Business hybrid configuration
- Deploy Skype for Business with Enterprise Voice (pre-lab)
- Move users to Skype for Business Online
- Enable Office 365 Phone System and Audio Conferencing
- Design and implement a Skype for Business hybrid configuration
- Lab : Implementing SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid configuration
- Designing and preparing SharePoint Server for a hybrid configuration
- Deploying SharePoint services in a hybrid configuration
- Validating the SharePoint services functionality in a hybrid configuration
- Lab : Configuring additional Office 365 services in hybrid deployments
- Implementing MFA
- Implementing Azure Information Protection
- Implementing Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Lab : Implementing authentication solutions in hybrid deployments
- Deploying AD FS for SSO
- Deploying pass-through authentication for SSO
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later
- Minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services
- Minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business Server2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later.
- Experience working with Office 365 key services such as Exchange Online, Skype for Business and SharePoint Online
- An understanding of the following concepts as related to Office 365: Microsoft cloud services, Office 365 platform
The audience for this course includes IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn how to implement and maintain Office 365 in hybrid scenarios, where one part of collaboration infrastructure is located on-premises and integrated with Office 365 services. These professionals should have at least 3 years of experience working in their respective fields—specifically, previous knowledge about Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Skype for Business Server (for example, Lync server) is expected. Students who attend this course are also expected to have a fairly broad understanding of Office 365 services administration in general as well as several on-premises technologies such as DNS and AD DS.