NHCF Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (v5.x)
NHCF Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (v5.x) Course Details:
The Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals course introduces you to the products, capabilities, and technologies that serve as the foundation of the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud solution.
During the first part of this course, we familiarize you with virtualization and Cloud terminology in general, followed by Nutanix-specific concepts related to the Nutanix clusters including storage implementation and management interfaces.The second part of this course introduces you to high-level administrative tasks typically performed on Nutanix clusters. They include the creation and management of virtual machines, cluster dashboards, and data recovery.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to Virtualization
- Traditional Multi-tier Architecture
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
Module 2: Understanding the Nutanix Cloud Platform
- Introduction to Nutanix
- Understanding the Nutanix Cloud Platform
- Nutanix Licensing
Module 3: Understanding Cluster Management Concepts
- Introduction to Nodes, Blocks, and Clusters
- Understanding the Nutanix Cluster
- Prism Element and Prism Central
- Understanding the Image Repository
- Performing Upgrades
Module 4: Understanding Storage Concepts
- AOS Distributed Storage
- The Storage Dashboard
- Identifying Storage Components
- Redundancy Factor and Replication Factor
- Space-Saving Technologies
Module 5: Managing VMs
- Creating and Managing VMs
- The VM Dashboard
- Adding a VM to a Category
- Nutanix Guest Tools
- Understanding Live Migration and Data Locality
Module 6: Monitoring VMs and Cluster Health
- Self-healing Architecture
- Health Dashboard
- Analysis Dashboard
- Alerts Dashboard
- Using the Support Portal and Insights
Module 7:Understanding Data Protection Concepts
- Data Recovery
- Enabling Data Protection on a VM
- Understanding Retention Policies
- Self Service Restore (SSR)
- Introduction to Nutanix Leap and Nutanix Mine
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
You will learn The Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals course introduces you to the products, capabilities, and technologies that serve as the foundation of the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud solution.
The primary audience for the course includes IT staff and business leaders who want to learn Nutanix fundamentals (AOS & AHV), virtualization and Cloud related concepts, as well as how operators navigate Nutanix cluster systems using the Prism user interface at a high level.