AWS Security Governance at Scale
AWS Security Governance at Scale Course Details:
Security is foundational to AWS. Governance at scale is a new concept for automating cloud governance that can help companies retire manual processes in account management, budget enforcement, and security and compliance. By automating common challenges, companies can scale without inhibiting agility, speed, or innovation. In addition, they can provide decision makers with the visibility, control, and governance necessary to protect sensitive data and systems.
In this course, you will learn how to facilitate developer speed and agility, and incorporate preventive and detective controls. By the end of this course, you will be able to apply governance best practices.
- Course level: Intermediate
- Duration: 1 day
- Instructor introduction
- Learning objectives
- Course structure and objectives
- Course logistics and agenda
Module 1: Governance at Scale
- Governance at scale focal points
- Business and Technical Challenges
Module 2: Governance Automation
- Multi-account strategies, guidance, and architecture
- Environments for agility and governance at scale
- Governance with AWS Control Tower
- Use cases for governance at scale
Module 3: Preventive Controls
- Enterprise environment challenges for developers
- AWS Service Catalog
- Resource creation
- Workflows for provisioning accounts
- Preventive cost and security governance
- Self-service with existing IT service management (ITSM) tools
Module 4: Detective Controls
- Operations aspect of governance at scale
- Resource monitoring
- Configuration rules for auditing
- Operational insights
- Clean up accounts
Module 5: Resources
- Explore additional resources for security governance at scale
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Establish a landing zone with AWS Control Tower
- Configure AWS Organizations to create a multi-account environment
- Implement identity management using AWS Single Sign-On users and groups
- Federate access using AWS SSO
- Enforce policies using prepackaged guardrails
- Centralize logging using AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config
- Enable cross-account security audits using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Define workflows for provisioning accounts using AWS Service Catalog and AWS Security Hub
Lab 1: Deploy Resources for AWS Catalog
- Create a new AWS Service Catalog portfolio and product.
- Add an IAM role to a launch constraint to limit the actions the product can perform.
- Grant access for an IAM role to view the catalog items.
- Deploy an S3 bucket from an AWS Service Catalog product.
Lab 2: Compliance and Security Automation with AWS Config
- Apply Managed Rules through AWS Config to selected resources
- Automate remediation based on AWS Config rules
- Investigate the Amazon Config dashboard and verify resources and rule compliance
Lab 3: Taking Action with AWS Systems Manager
- Setup Resource Groups for various resources based on common requirements
- Perform automated actions against targeted Resource Groups
Before attending this course, participants should have completed the following:
- AWS Security Fundamentals course
- AWS Security Essentials course
- AWS Cloud Management Assessment
- Introduction to AWS Control Tower course
- Automated Landing Zone course
- Introduction to AWS Service Catalog course
Solutions architects, security DevOps, and security engineers.