SolarWinds Orion 301 - Automation and SDK
SolarWinds Orion 301 - Automation and SDK Course Details:
This course is geared towards students that already have extensive experience with the SolarWinds platform but want to deep dive into topics such as Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and the Orion Software Development Kit (SDK).
On the last day of class, get help applying the new skills you have learned during class through practical application. Benefit from a hands-on lab environment to review, test, and resolve any challenges you are faced with in your SolarWinds production—all under the expert guidance of our experienced SCP-certified class instructor.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1: Introduction to the SDK
- SWQL STUDIO
- Where do we see SWQL Code in the regular Orion GUI
- Utilizing SWQL
- Advanced Alerts
- Advanced Reports
- SWQL Widgets
- Orion modern Dashboards
2: Getting to know SWQL on a deeper level
- What is it?
- Verbs and metadata
- Connection to SQL (abstraction to SQL Studio)
- Open SQL Studio and compare tables to SWQL tables
- SWQL and implicit joins in the code
- Functions in PowerShell/Objects
- SolarWinds SDK cmdlets
4: Building code that utilizes PowerShell to automate common Orion tasks
- Unamanage/manage nodes
- Modify node names
- Add nodes to Orion
- Delete nodes
- Interface discovery
- Network discovery
- REST API coding – obtain data from SolarWinds via web GET/ POST (Postman)*
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Introduction to the SDK
- Getting to know SWQL on a deeper level
- Coding using tools covered in days 1 & 2
- Building code that utilizes PowerShell to automate common Orion tasks
- Practical Application
Orion 201 is a prerequisite, providing students with an advanced understanding of the SolarWinds platform as the 301 class will not cover installation and basic overviews.
Students will also be expected to have a basic knowledge of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages.
Network Engineers, System Administrators, SolarWinds Administrators, MS Exchange Administrators