Managing Time and Tasks
Managing Time and Tasks Course Details:
Managing your time well is a crucial skill that can easily make or break a person's success. A simple glance at the desks of various workers reveals different organizational and time management practices that individuals have adapted to their personality.
In the Managing Time and Tasks training course you will learn how to increase your personal effectiveness by using time management techniques that fit your personality. You will apply time saving techniques, learn ways to overcome procrastination and find out a variety of methods to living a balanced life.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Module One: A Personalized Approach to Time Management
- Personality and time management style
- Defining time management
- Traditional time management
- Nontraditional time management
Module Two: Your Time Management Style
- Working smarter
- Assessing time management style
- Identifying your personality style
Module Three: The Traditional Approach to Time Management
- Coordinating time management and personality styles
- Appreciating traditional time management
- Capitalizing on various time management styles
- Customizing your time management approach
- Perceptions and misperceptions
Module Four: Eliminating Procrastination
- Understanding procrastination
- Overcoming procrastination
- Categorizing tasks
Module Five: Managing People/Managing Self
- Setting boundaries
- Managing interruptions
- Building a support network
Module Six: Managing Paper
- Eliminating clutter
- Clutter phobia
- Maintaining a clutter free environment
- Organizing your files
- Saving time
- Assessing the task
Module Seven: Balancing Act
- Balancing life
- Eliminating tainted time
- Waste time, want time
- Establishing your limits
- Planning for the unexpected
- Energy builders
- What next
- Understanding procrastination
- Saying “no” to the boss scenarios
- Your desk blueprint
- Master list
- Time management style grid
- How well does your time management work?
- Priority matrix
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Upon successful completion of the Managing Time and Tasks course, you will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between time management style and personality preferences.
- Select your personal preferences for working efficiently.
- Assess your time management style.
- Outline traditional time management steps.
- Acknowledge when traditional time management works well.
- Identify when traditional time management does not work well.
- Recognize the causes of procrastination.
- Implement tips to overcome procrastination.
- Use a four-step strategy to make to-do lists manageable.
- Initiate one of three options to handle incoming paper.
- Analyze the reasons clutter accumulates.
- Clear out clutter and organize your workspace.
- Apply time-saving techniques.
- Determine when tasks can be automated.
- Utilize the priority matrix.
- Identify the priorities and boundaries of your job.
- Designate the priorities of a balanced life.
- Blend the strengths of the four time management styles to customize your own mix of efficiency and comfort.
Business professionals who are interested in efficiently prioritizing your work, for increased productivity.