Facilitating Virtual Meetings
Facilitating Virtual Meetings Course Details:
The Facilitating Virtual Meetings Training course is an interactive, instructor-led course that takes you through the initial starting point of planning your meeting, working through the key challenges of a virtual meeting and managing the technology by choosing your tools and understanding what to do when the technology fails. The Facilitating Virtual Meetings Training class, you will also learn to set expectations for prompt attendance, facilitate the discussion, ensure you hear from everyone, and bridge linguistics or cultural barriers.
What Is a Virtual Meeting?
- What are the key challenges?
- Why hold one?
- What this book will do
Plan Your Meeting
- Decide if you need to meet
- Create an agenda
- Identify the participants
- Pick a platform
- Set a time
Manage the Technology
- Assess your needs
- Choose your tools
- Test your setup
- What to do when technology fails
Set Expectations for Participation
- Assign roles
- Establish meeting processes
- Clarify etiquette
- Send your invitation and materials
Conduct the Meeting
- Just before the meeting starts
- Open the meeting
- Facilitate the discussion
- Hear from everyone
- Control the tone
- Close the meeting
- Follow up
Navigate Special Situations
- Give a video presentation
- Bridge linguistic or cultural barriers
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Addressing the key challenges of a virtual meeting
- Creating an agenda and identifying the appropriate participants
- Managing the technology by choosing your tools
- Setting expectations for Participation
- Facilitating the discussion by hearing from everyone and controlling the tone – Keeping participants engaged
- Assigning and clarifying meeting roles to keep things running smoothly
- Giving participants the information and support they need to contribute
- Establishing a common meeting etiquette
- Ending with a clear commitment to action for the whole group
- Holding participants accountable
- Following up with relevant discussions
Team leaders and team members who want to learn how to prepare, conduct, and follow-up on virtual meetings with more impact.