MTA: Database Administration Fundamentals
MTA: Database Administration Fundamentals Course Details:
In this course, you will be introduced to database design and administration. You will gain an understanding of core database concepts, creation of database objects, manipulation of data, data storage, and administration of a database.
This course assists you in preparation for Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-364.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Core Database Concepts
- Database Concepts
- Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Data Definition Language (DDL)
2. Creating Database Objects
- Key Terms
- Data Types
- Creating and Using Tables
- Creating Views
- Creating Stored Procedures
3. Manipulating Data
- Using Queries to Select Data
- Using Queries to Insert Data
- Updating Data and Databases
- Deleting Data
4. Data Storage
- Normalizing a Database
- Primary, Foreign, and Composite Keys
- Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes
5. Administering a Database
- Securing Databases
- Backing Up and Restoring Databases
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Data types
- Data manipulation language
- Database queries
- Primary keys
- Database backups.
- General office computer skills
- Business knowledge around the use of database systems
Business or IT professionals who need to understand core database concepts and how databases can be used to store, manipulate, and analyze data