CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training (Exam CV0-003)
CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training (Exam CV0-003) Course Details:
Cloud+ validates the skills and expertise required to securely implement, maintain and utilize cloud technologies.
CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 provides the basic knowledge and skills needed to analyze, select, monitor, and protect cloud resources in a vendor-neutral format. This includes vulnerability management, network reconnaissance and monitoring, connecting networks to clouds, cloud migration, secure policies and procedures, host and network security, identity management systems, and incident response. This course maps to the CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 certification exam. Objective coverage is marked throughout the course.
The new CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 is now available. CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-002 will retire late December 2021.
CompTIA Cloud+ is the only cloud focused certification approved for DoD 8570.01-M, offering an infrastructure option for individuals who need to certify in IAM Level I, CSSP Analyst and CSSP Infrastructure Support roles.
This Course Supports a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets: DoD Directive 8140 / 8570.01-M IT Training Requirements.
- Course setup
Chapter 1: Virtualization requirements
- Module A: Requirements and planning for successful system deployment
- Module B: Virtual network considerations
- Module C: Computer resources
Chapter 2: Deployment and migration
- Module A: Environment testing techniques
- Module B: Cloud integration and migration
Chapter 3: Security policies and compliance
- Module A: Security controls
- Module B: Cryptography and the cloud
- Module C: Applying cryptography
Chapter 4: Data and environment security
- Module A: Data security
- Module B: Security automation
Chapter 5: Environment maintenance
- Module A: Cloud updates and patching
- Module B: Cloud backup
- Module C: Cloud environment maintenance
Chapter 6: Disaster recovery and business continuity
- Module A: Business continuity
Chapter 7: Managing virtual environments
- Module A: Cloud resource provisioning
- Module B: Performance analysis
Chapter 8: Managing compute resources
- Module A: Allocating compute resources
- Module B: Monitoring resource usage
Chapter 9: Deployment troubleshooting
- Module A: The troubleshooting process
- Module B: Deployment and capacity troubleshooting
- Module C: Automation troubleshooting
Chapter 10: Infrastructure troubleshooting
- Module A: Network troubleshooting
- Module B: Security troubleshooting
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- About planning and deployment of a successful cloud system, how to view cloud deployment models and their network interactions, and how to evaluate computer resources required for successful cloud implementation
- How to test an environment before cloud deployment and how to migrate and integrate cloud services
- About security controls and about cryptography and its uses
- About data security and how to use security automation tools and techniques
- About cloud updates and patching, about cloud backup, and how to schedule and perform cloud maintenance
- About disaster planning and recovery
- About cloud resource provisioning and how to run performance analyses
- How to allocate compute resources and monitor resource usage
- About the troubleshooting process, about deployment and capacity troubleshooting, and how to troubleshoot automation issues
- How to troubleshoot network issues and about security troubleshooting
Lab Topics Include:
- Creating VMs and virtual networks
- Demonstrating network isolation
- Migrating VMs from a cloud provider
- Enabling authentication and authorization controls
- Encrypting virtual disks and storage containers
- Configuring backup and recovery options
- Setting up redundancy and high availability options
- Creating and configuring web applications
This course assumes that students have some applied knowledge of computers, networks, and cybersecurity principles. Knowledge equivalent to the CompTIA Security+ certification is helpful but not necessary.
Customers interested in learning about analyzing, monitoring or protecting cloud resources and who are working with the cloud.