Red Hat (EX440, EX440K) Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management Exam
Red Hat (EX440, EX440K) Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management Exam Course Details:
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Messaging Administration exam (EX440) tests candidates' abilities to create and maintain enterprise messaging systems using Red Hat® JBoss® AMQ. An enterprise administrator who becomes a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Messaging Administration has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities to create and maintain enterprise messaging systems using Red Hat JBoss AMQ.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts towards becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This exam is based on Red Hat JBoss AMQ 7.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Red Hat encourages all candidates for Red Hat Certified Specialist in Messaging Administration exam (EX440) to consider taking Red Hat JBoss AMQ Administration (JB440) courses to help prepare. Attendance in this class is not required, so one can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one's preparation to take exams, attending classes does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of the candidate's AMQ management skills and knowledge. Candidates perform tasks associated with the configuration and management of enterprise messaging systems using Red Hat JBoss AMQ. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
This is a closed exam where candidates do not have access to the internet and candidates are not permitted to bring any papers, books, or electronic aids to the exam. Candidates are, however, provided with a local copy of the official Red Hat JBoss AMQ documentation. Candidates should familiarize themselves with this documentation when preparing for the exam.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Study points for the exam
- Create a JBoss AMQ simple broker instance
- Configure addresses, queues, and topics
- Configure point-to-point and publisher-subscriber messaging
- Understand JMS messaging naming convention
- Configure expiring message, moving to Dead Letter queue
- Configure fine-grained address settings
- Apply AMQ broker wildcard syntax
- Configure paging
- Understand and tune performances
- Enable/disable access to guest and configure guest access
- Configure authorization and authentication
- Secure network connection, acceptors, and connectors
- Configure a cluster of brokers
- Configure high availability and failover
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
- Red Hat JBoss AMQ Administration (JB440)
- Learn to configure, manage, and monitor broker instances with Red Hat JBoss AMQ.
The following audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Messaging Administration:
- Systems administrators responsible for implementing enterprise messaging systems using Red Hat JBoss AMQ
- Systems architects designing and managing applications that use enterprise messaging systems based on Red Hat JBoss AMQ