Red Hat (EX403, EX403K) Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management Exam
Red Hat (EX403, EX403K) Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management Exam Course Details:
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests candidates' knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Satellite Server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) who passes this exam will become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This exam is based on Red Hat Satellite 6.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) to consider taking the Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course. Attendance in these classes is not required, and you can choose to take just an exam.
While attending Red Hat's classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any as preparation guides for any exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of systems deployment and management skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring Red Hat Satellite Server and then use that system to deploy client systems. Candidates are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas students can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
- Install Red Hat Satellite Server from an ISO image
- Create and configure organizations and locations
- Create and configure Red Hat Satellite users and roles
- Create GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) keys to sign RPMs
- Create and configure development life cycles
- Create a Puppet product repository
- Configure Red Hat Satellite subscriptions, content, and content views
- Install a Red Hat Satellite capsule server using an ISO image
- Build a custom RPM from a source tarball
- Create a Red Hat Satellite activation key
- Create a Red Hat Satellite host group
- Define smart class parameters for a Puppet module
- Register an existing client to a Red Hat Satellite server
- Apply errata to client
- Configure bare-metal deployment on Red Hat Satellite
- Deploy clients using kick starts
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrators (RHCSA®) or have equivalent experience and skills; being a RHCE recommended.
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course or have equivalent experience.
- Review the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) objectives.
These audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management:
- System administrators responsible for managing large enterprise environments
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) interested in becoming Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCAs)