Microsoft Word - Level 1 / Intro (2013, 2016)
Microsoft Word - Level 1 / Intro (2013, 2016) Course Details:
After taking this course, you will be able to create, format and edit basic documents, and do basic functions like printing and spell checking.
Instruction will be personalized by version. Students have the option to progress through the course using Microsoft Word 2013- Level 1, or Microsoft Word 2016- Level 1.
No classes are currenty scheduled for this course.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Create, Open and Save Documents
- What is Word?
- Create a New Blank Document
- Create a Document From a Template
- Open Word Files
- Get Help
- Save Documents
- Navigate a Word Document
- Add, Select and Delete Text
Explore the User Interface
- Office Button
- Backstage View
- Ribbon Overview
- Mini Toolbar
- Status Bar
- Shortcut Key Tips
- Contextual Tabs
Format Text and Paragraphs
- Use the Home Ribbon to Format Font and Paragraphs
- Format with the Mini-Toolbar
- Font and Paragraph dialog boxes
- Use the Quick Style Gallery
- Use Basic Bullets and Numbering
- Add Borders and Shading
- Set Tabs and Use the Ruler
- Using Cut, Copy, Paste
- Use the Office Clipboard
- Find, Replace and Go To
- Use the Format Painter
- Check Spelling and Grammar
Printing and Viewing Your Document
- Use the View Ribbon Commands
- Show/Hide Markings
- Use the Page Set-Up Group and Dialog Box
- Print Preview and Print Options
- Print Panel
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Show/Hide the Ribbon
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- WORD Basics
- Explore the User Interface
- Format Text and Paragraphs
- Printing and Viewing your Document
A working knowledge of and familiarity with Windows.
This course is intended for participants who are interested in learning about Microsoft Word.