Java 9 Programming for Object Oriented (OO) Experienced Developers (TT2100J9)
Java 9 Programming for Object Oriented (OO) Experienced Developers (TT2100J9) Course Details:
Java 9 Programming for Object Oriented Experienced Developers is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on introduction to Java training course geared for developers who have prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C# or C++. Throughout the course students learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 9, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. In addition to the normal exercises that are liberally sprinkled throughout the course, there is a case study that covers the entire spectrum from use cases to object-oriented design to implemented classes. This case study supplements the course and can be used during and after the course as a reference and a tool for reviewing and practicing what was learned in class.
Note: Students new to OO programing or from a Non-OO Development background (such as C, COBOL, Visual Basic, etc.) should consider the TT2120-J9 Java 9 and OO Essentials for Developers New to OO or the TT2125-J9 Java and OO OnRamp™ program as an alternative.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Students who attend Java 9 Programming for OO Developers will leave this course armed with the required skills to develop solid object-oriented applications written in Java, using sound coding techniques and best coding practices. Geared for developers with prior OO development experience in languages such as C#, C++ or SmallTalk, this course will teach students everything they need to become productive in essential Java programming.
Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Learn to use Java exception handling features
- Work with the Java 9 modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
- Process large amount of data using Lambda expressions and the Stream API
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
- Become familiar with the APIs used to access data and other resources
- Understand the concepts of Object-to-Relational mapping frameworks using the Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Get an introduction to dependency injection using CDI
Specific Java 9 features that are covered in the course include:
- The Modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Private methods in interfaces
This is an introductory- level Java course, designed for experienced developers who wish to get up and running with Java, or who need to reinforce sound Java coding practices, immediately. Attendees should have a working knowledge of developing OO software applications.
Programmers with prior Object-Oriented exposure and background (such as C#, C++, Smalltalk, etc.)