Power Pivot and Power Query for Excel 2016
Power Pivot and Power Query for Excel 2016 Course Details:
Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, 3D maps are free add-ins that expand and combine the features and capabilities of Excel. It includes the ability to import, manipulate and work with large amounts of data from a variety of data sources both inside and outside Excel.
This course will cover techniques for manipulating and querying data, the structure of DAX functions, ways to distribute and visualize data using Pivot Charts, Slicers, Sparklines, Timelines, Power View and 3D maps.
Getting Started with Power Pivot
- Enable and Navigate
- Import Data from Various Data Sources
- Refresh Data from a Data Source
- Create Linked Tables
Manipulating Power Pivot Data
- Organize and Format Tables
- Create Calculated Columns
- Sort and Filter Power Pivot Data
- Create and Manage Table Relationships
- Creating Power Pivot Reports
Manipulate Power Pivot Data Using DAX Functions
- DAX Functions
- DAX Variables
- Aggregate Functions
- How to Manipulate Power Pivot Data Using DAX Functions
Extract Data from Tables Using Functions
- Filter Functions
- How to Extract Data From Tables Using Functions
Work with Time Dependent Data
- Time Intelligence Functions
- Create a Date Table
- How to Work with Time Dependent Data
- Distributing Power Pivot Data
Power Query and When to Use It
(NOTE: Power Query is known as Get & Transform in Excel 2016. Information provided here applies to both.)
- Connect to a web data source
- Connect to a spreadsheet
- Connect to a database
- Build repeatable processes to filter, clean, aggregate, and transform your data.
- Shape data in the subject table
- Remove Columns
- Replace values
- Filter values in a column
- Name a query
- Load the query to a worksheet
- Flattened PivotTables
- The Power Pivot Field List Pane
- Creating Key Performance Indicators
Bringing It All Together with Visualizations
- Create PivotCharts
- Create Power Views
- Create 3D Maps
- Filter Data Using Slicers
- Create Sparklines
- Create Timelines
- Conditional Formatting
- Creating a dashboard
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
By the end of this course, users should be comfortable with navigating the Power Pivot and Power Query applications, manipulating data, creating queries and reports, using DAX functions, and distributing and visualizing data.
Students should be comfortable using the Excel 2016 interface and have a firm understanding of how Excel works and what it is used for. Understanding and experience with formulas, functions, and PivotTables is strongly recommended.
Individuals interested in learning more about Power Pivot and Power Query applications.