Microsoft Excel 2013 - Data Analysis with Pivot Tables
Microsoft Excel 2013 - Data Analysis with Pivot Tables Course Details:
Students will learn how to use PivotTables to summarize and analyze large amounts of data. They will learn about the available tools that are available to assist with this task.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Understanding Pivot Tables
- Types of Pivot Table reports
- Source data for Pivot Table reports
- Creating Worksheet Lists
- Create a Name
- Using a Name in a Formula
- Creating Names for a Multiple Rows or Columns
- Creating Names for a Value or Formula
Creating a Pivot Table
- Pivot Table Field List
- Completing the Report
- Pivot Table Tools
- Rearranging the Pivot Table
- Changing the Report Field Titles
- Formatting Data Fields
Using the Report Filter
- Displaying Filtered Fields on Separate Worksheets
Formatting the Pivot Table
- Sorting Data
- Removing Data
- Refreshing Data
Using Formulas Functions
- Create a Calculated Field
- Create implicit calculated fields (previously called ‘measures’)
- Add or remove subtotals in a Pivot Table report
- Display Or Hide Details
Working with Multiple Data Ranges
- Setting up the source data
- Using named ranges when source data is likely to expand
- Creating the Chart
- Moving the Chart to a New Worksheet
- Chart Tools
- Using Pivot Table Data Outside The Pivot Table Report
- Create relationships between data from different sources,
- and between multiple tables in a PivotTable.
Creating a Pivot Table from a Database
- Databases you can access
- Refreshing the Data
Publishing an Excel Workbook
- When to Use Excel Services
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to understand, create, and format PivotTables.
Training on our Excel Level 2 course or equivalent knowledge and experience.
This course is intended for students who have experience working with Excel and would like to learn more about PivotTables.