Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180)
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) Course Details:
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) familiarizes students with building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
- Introduce and review the course.
Get Started with Container Technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create Containerized Services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage Container Images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create Custom Container Images
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy Containerized Applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy Multi-Container Applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot Containerized Applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive Review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
Note: The course outline is subject to change as technology advances and the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact your training advisor or call 1-800-COURSES.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
In this course, you will learn how to containerize simple software applications and services, deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift, test the containerized version, and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container Images
- Create custom container images
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy multi-container applications
- An ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Note: You can learn about the benefits of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift with our free, technical overview course: Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview (DO080).
- Developers wishing to containerize software applications
- Administrators new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects considering using container technologies in software architectures