Introduction to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) v2.0
Introduction to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) v2.0 Course Details:
As more vendors offer products that use Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) as their signaling protocol, this course provides you with the solid footing you need to work with SIP devices in your network, regardless of vendor. You will learn about the purpose and architecture of SIP and how SIP functions.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
2. SIP Message Format
3. SIP Architecture
- User Agents
- Present Agents
4. SIP Methods
5. SIP Responses
6. Security in a SIP Network
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Problems SIP is designed to solve
- SIP interactions with other protocols in the TCP/IP stack
- Architecture of SIP, including user agents, presence agents, gateways, and servers (proxy, stateful, stateless, call stateful, redirect, forking, and session border controller)
- The 13 SIP methods
- Structure of SIP responses
- SIP header fields, including Request/Response, Request, Response, and Message Body
- How to maintain security in a network that is using SIP
- Call flows for the more common SIP-initiated session types
- SIP interactions with selected related protocols, including SIMPLE and 3GPP
Technical and managerial personnel requiring introductory knowledge of SIP