Professional Scrum Product Owner
Professional Scrum Product Owner Course Details:
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course teaches product managers, how to maximize the return on investment (ROI) and optimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) of products and systems. In an agile environment, the main focus of a product owner is to manage product requirements. This course prepares you with such tools that will help you translate requirements to the development team. You will learn about user stories, ordering and organizing strategies, and product backlog refining. Product owners need a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products and this knowledge derives from early stakeholder management to release planning and delivery.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- The trainer and the class present themselves. Then, complexity and Scrum are introduced.
- The primary job of a product manager is to increase the value created by the product for which he or she is responsible. This section covers value drivers and strategies for measuring them.
- Agile product management is different than traditional approaches. This section explores those differences.
Plan a release
- A release is often the first step to realizing value. What better way to learn how to plan a release than to do it? Here, participants cover the basics of identifying a release’s goal and requirements, prioritization, estimation, adjustment, and baseline planning.
- The product backlog is the fuel that feeds the development team, and managing it is one of the primary roles of the Scrum Product Owner. Here, you will learn about user stories, ordering and organization strategies, and product backlog grooming.
- What does a good release look like? What impact can a bad release have? This section explores release strategies and how to optimize the delivery of value with them.
- In this section, we discuss how to manage the development of a release in the most cost-effective, Agile way possible to meet commitments and maximize ROI. Participants also learn how to adapt to realities that emerge during the development of a release.
- Total cost of ownership is fundamental to successfully managing a product. How do you balance between optimizing the value of a release and maximizing the value of the product or system as an asset for the organization?
- This section allows to understand how to apply all of the above learning in a multi-product, distributed, large organization that supports many clients and users with contractual service-level agreements.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- To maximize the ROI
- To use strategies allowing to maximize the flexibility and responsiveness of existing software products
- To work effectively with your business, the clients' competing priorities, and the marketplace while managing risks in an ever-changing environment
- Product managers responsible for optimizing the value of their products or line of products
- IT development managers responsible for a line of business and optimizing the value it gets from IT