Docker Fundamentals Course Details:
In this course, you will learn the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. You’ll also gain an understanding of basic container orchestration and learn how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm cluster. This course provides you with essential foundational knowledge for all other official Docker courses.
This course is also available as a four-day bundle offering, which includes Docker Fundamentals and Operations in a single intensive training experience.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- The Docker Story
- Introduction to Images
- Creating Images
- Managing Images
- Docker Continuous Integration
- Docker Networking Basics
- Docker Compose
- Scaling out with Swarm Mode
- Swarm Operations
- Managing Secrets
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- What Docker is and how Docker can modernize the software supply-chain
- Conceptualize a mental model for Docker workflow
- Foundations of Docker security and apply secrets management
- Foundations of containerization on a single Docker node
- Dockerize an application by writing Dockerfiles
- Create and manage images
- Apply a basic continuous integration model for Docker
- Usage of volumes
- Apply concepts of the Docker networking model
- Write stack-based compose files
- How Swarm works
- Deploy a swarm application and scale it out
- Apply common Swarm operations
The course features a variety of assessment instruments from practice quiz questions, lab exercises, to project based signature assignment for learners to practice and meet the learning objectives.
Familiarity with Linux command line.
Developers, operators, and architects desiring a strong foundation in Docker technologies and an introductory hands-on experience building, shipping, and running Docker containers.