IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition 4.2 Operations and Administration
IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition 4.2 Operations and Administration Course Details:
In this course, you will learn about the installation, configuration, use, customization, integration of Tivoli Network Manager 4.2 with Network Operations Insight. You will receive a basic overview of the product components, configure Tivoli Network Manager, perform a full discovery of simulated networks, and customize discovery by changing the behavior of finders and agents. You also learn to create real-time MIB graphs, control polling behavior, connect isolated networks through manual map editing, and use the reporting functions of IBM Tivoli Network Manager. Using the Network Health Dashboard and creating custom dashboards is also covered.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Install IBM Tivoli Network Manager 4.2
- Navigate the Network Manager interface
- Discovery in the context of Tivoli Network Manager
- Configure and run a network discovery
- Schedule automatic full discoveries
- Use the discovery collector
- Build and use discovery filters
- Troubleshoot discovery issues
- Build network partition views
- Use the Network Health Dashboard
- Create custom dashboards
- View device link status and capacity information
- Manually instantiate undiscovered devices and connections.
- Use the Hop View and Network Partition view
- Create a network view with multiple domains
- Configure and customize Network Manager polling behavior
- Schedule event-based reports
- View asset and discovery reports
- Perform stitcher customizations to add custom data to a discovery
- Configure adaptive polling
- Configure database access
- Configure a custom report
- Schedule a report snapshot
- Basic Linux shell script editing using vi or gedit
- An understanding of the function of routers and switches and layers 2 and 3 of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) model
- An understanding of the types of devices that operate at Layer 1 of the OSI model
Individuals responsible for configuring and using Tivoli Network Manager or Network Operations Insights including: