SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) Course Details:
This two-day course prepares existing Scrum Masters to take a leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation and become SAFe® SASM Certified. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the Team and Program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Attendees of the SAFe® SASM course are required to have one of the following certificates:
- Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation may also attend.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
- Anyone looking to become SAFe® SASM certified