Cisco Nexus 9000 Data Center Networking and Troubleshooting
Cisco Nexus 9000 Data Center Networking and Troubleshooting Course Details:
Customers implementing the Cisco Nexus 9000 data center switch platform have two completely different architectural path options – Cisco ACI or Cisco Nexus in Standalone Mode. Every Nexus 9000 data center must be designed using one of these options, never both at the same time.
Customers who choose the Cisco ACI option should consider the DCAC9K - Configuring Cisco Nexus 9K Switches in ACI Mode v3.0 course to understand this implementation design.
The Cisco Nexus 9000 Data Center Networking and Troubleshooting course is designed to support Nexus 9000 implementations using Cisco Nexus in Standalone Mode.
Through hands-on labs using NX-OS version 7 code, you will gain an understanding of the day-to-day operation of the Nexus switches, including key routing and switching features and functions.
Additionally, customized labs provide additional in-depth exploration of sought-after technologies with a strong focus on VXLAN. Multiple VXLAN control planes will be configured and analyzed.
Automation of the Nexus 9000 switch will be explored and performed using Python, Ansible, and Cisco DCNM.
The initial procedural labs are lead in to more difficult challenge labs followed by several different VXLAN troubleshooting scenarios.
Each student will operate their own lab environment with three Nexus devices, Windows, Linux and DCNM. Students work independently on all hands on labs.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Nexus 9000 NX-OS Solution
Lesson 2: Describing the Cisco NX-OS Software Architecture
Lesson 3: Describe and Configure System Management Features
Lesson 4: Configuring User Management
Lesson 5: Describing Administration and Management Troubleshooting Tools
Lesson 6: Describing Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extender
Lesson 7: Describing the Cisco NX-OS Forwarding Architecture
Lesson 8: Configuring Routing Protocols
Lesson 9: Configuring Multicast
Lesson 10: Implementing VXLAN in Data Center
Lesson 11: MP-BGP EVPN with VXLAN
Lesson 13: Introduction to Network APIs and Protocols
Lesson 14: NX-OS Programmability
Lesson 15: Python Foundations for Network Engineers
Lesson 16: Python Libraries
Lesson 17: Nexus Configuration with Ansible
Lesson 12: Managing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches with Cisco DCNM
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Cisco Nexus 9000 data center switch platform
- NX-OS operating system management and functionality
- Routing and Switching in and out the data center
- VXLAN with the control planes of Static, Multicast, BGP and BGP with Route Reflectors
- Troubleshooting techniques for VXLAN and data center routing and switching
- Nexus 9000 configuration automation with Python, Ansible and Cisco DCNM
- Nexus Lab Topology and Wireshark Packet Decodes
- Nexus Layer 2 Switching
- Nexus Layer 3 EIGRP Routing
- Nexus iBGP Routing
- Nexus Routing and Switching Challenge
- VXLAN with OSPF and a Static Control Plane
- VXLAN with OSPF and a Multicast Control Plane
- VXLAN with OSPF and a BGP Control Plane
- VXLAN with OSPF and BGP with Route Reflectors Control Plane
- VXLAN Challenge Lab
- Troubleshooting VXLAN with a Static Control Plane
- Troubleshooting VXLAN with a Multicast Control Plane
- Troubleshooting VXLAN with BGP Control Plane
- Troubleshooting VXLAN with BGP with Route Reflectors as the Control Plane
- Fundamental Python Commands
- Python Libraries, Packages, and Modules
- Integrated Development Environments
- Cisco Nexus NX-OS APIs
- Python Nexus Challenge Lab
- Ansible Nexus Configuration
- Ansible Nexus Challenge Lab
- DCNM POAP
- DCNM VXLAN Management from POAP
Basic knowledge of Cisco networking and data center technologies.
Network Administrators, Engineers, and Architects responsible for implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus 9000 switches.