DCNXA - Cisco NX-OS for IOS Administrators v2.0
DCNXA - Cisco NX-OS for IOS Administrators v2.0 Course Details:
This course is designed for network administrators who are migrating from a traditional Cisco IOS environment to routing and switching platforms that use the Nexus Operating System (NX-OS). You will learn about the key components and procedures needed for installing and managing Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, 2000, and 1000v series switches. This course covers important troubleshooting procedures for these platforms as well.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. The Cisco Nexus platform and NX-OS
- Cisco Nexus Products
- Nexus 7000 and 7700 Features at a High Level
- Nexus 9000 Features at a High Level
- The NX-OS Software Architecture
- Cisco NX-OS Architecture, Key Features, and Capabilities
2. Configuring Layer 2 Features using the NX-OS
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs) in the Nexus 7000 Switches
- Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Configuring Nexus Fabric Extenders (FEX)
- Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels (VPCs)
3. Fiber Channel and FCoE
- Fiber Channel Protocol
- Configuring FCoE
- Configuring SAN Switching Features
4. Layer 3 Features using the NX-OS
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) Contexts
- Static Routing
- Unicast RIB and FIB
- Route Policy Manager
- Policy-Based Routing (PBR)
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP/VRRP/GLBP)
- Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
5. VXLAN on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- VXLAN Overview
- Use of VTEPs
- VXLAN Routing
6. Cisco NX-OS on the Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Describe the differences between the Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Describe the features and functionality of the Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe how the Cisco NX-OS is used for functionality specific to different Cisco Nexus switching platforms, such as the 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
- Understand troubleshooting techniques for the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
Lab 1: Accessing the NterOne Lab Devices – Nexus 5000 Series Devices
Lab 2: Initial Switch Configuration
Lab 3: Connecting the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extender
Lab 4: Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
Lab 5: Configuring FEX Active-Active VPC and EVPC
Lab 6: Configuring Cisco NPV Mode and NPIV
Lab 7: Configuring FCoE
Lab 8: Accessing the NterOne Lab Devices – Nexus 7000 Series Devices
Lab 9: Cisco Nexus 7000 Platform Discovery
Lab 10: Configuring Cisco FabricPath
Lab 11: Configuring Layer 3 Switching
Lab 12: Configuring Cisco OTV
Lab 13: Accessing the NterOne Lab Devices – Nexus 9000 Series Devices
Lab 14: Preparing the Cisco Nexus 9300 Series Switch Configuration Baseline
Lab 15: Implementing VXLAN Bridging
CCNA Switching and Routing knowledge level
- Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers
- Network designers, administrators, and managers