Basics of z/OS RACF Administration
Basics of z/OS RACF Administration Course Details:
Learn how to administer the z/OS Security Server Resource Access Control Facility (RACF). Get an introduction to the z/OS environment, Time Sharing Option (TSO) and Interactive System Productivity Facility / Program Development Facility (ISPF/PDF), batch processing, and z/OS data sets. Gain experience with z/OS by viewing, and allocating datasets, submitting a batch job, and viewing job output. Learn how to use basic RACF command parameters, and panels, to define users and groups, protect general resources, z/OS data sets, and choose a basic set of RACF options.
The course materials cover z/OS Security Server RACF.
Nine labs are included to address logging on to the z/OS system, working with z/OS data sets, submitting batch jobs to z/OS, using System Display and Search Facility (SDSF) to view jobs in the system, defining a RACF group structure, RACF user administration, delegating security administration, protecting z/OS data sets, and using RACF for TSO administration.
Hands-on lab projects may be done in teams depending on the number of attendees and location.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Understand the basic features and concepts of zSeries architecture and of the z/OS operating system as they relate to security administration
- Describe the allocation process for data sets in the z/OS environment
- Understand how programs access data sets and how RACF security interacts in that process
- Identify the security requirements of an z/OS system
- Use basic facilities and features of RACF
- Define new users and groups to RACF
- Use RACF to protect z/OS data sets and general resources
- Select a base set of options to tailor RACF
This is a basic course for individuals who are new to z/OS and the z/OS Security Server RACF and who administration security using the RACF element of the z/OS Security Server.
Experienced z/OS users should take:
- Effective RACF Administration (BE87)