Leading High Performing Teams
Leading High Performing Teams Course Details:
With the rapid advancement of technology-enabled communication tools, teamwork and cooperation have become the standard in today’s work environment. More and more individuals are able to connect and collaborate with colleagues from their own work teams, peer groups, and temporary project teams. The challenge is that while teamwork can produce better results, factors like diversity, distance, and competing goals can interfere with success.
In order to realize the benefits of diverse and often dispersed teams, you must be able to deal with conflict and capitalize on individual ideas and capabilities.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Team Effectiveness
- Team Effectiveness Model
2. Diversity in Teams
- What is Diversity?
- Three Key Aspects of Diversity
- Leadership and Diversity
3. Collaboration in a Complex World
- Communicating in a VUCA World
4. Course Summary
- Suggested Activities
- My Development Plan
- Team Effectiveness - Rate Your Team (Team Version)
- Team Effectiveness - Rate Your Team
- Obstacles to Collaboration Assessment
- At What Stage Are We?
- Meeting with Your Leader - Agenda
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- The characteristics of high-performing teams
- An understanding of the difference between a group and a team in the 21st century
- How to apply a model to identify how leaders and team members can accelerate team cohesion and performance
- An understanding of the four different types of diversity and the positive and potentially negative impacts of diversity on teams
- How to increase collaboration and use technology to achieve better team results
Prework for this course should be completed one week in advance and brought to class.
Foundational people management is recommended but not required.
Though not a formal prerequisite, we strongly recommend students complete Active Leadership for IT Professionals (8944).
Leaders at all levels—vice presidents, directors, managers, and supervisors