System Operations on AWS
System Operations on AWS Course Details:
Learn to operate highly available and scalable infrastructure on the AWS platform.
In this 3-day System Operations on AWS course, you will learn how to configure, deploy, and manage operations on the AWS platform. Through live labs and hands-on exercises, you’ll build upon your existing knowledge of systems administration, cloud computing, and networking protocols such as TCP/IP or HTTP. This course focuses on common industry techniques and best practices used by AWS system administrators to help you utilize standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Auto Scaling from the command line.
This training helps prepare you for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate-level exam, alongside real-world experience, studying and more.
Why take the System Operations on AWS course?
If you are currently a system administrator or operations manager, this course offers more in-depth networking skills and techniques needed for AWS. Since AWS is an increasingly popular cloud computing platform, those trained in AWS system operations can become invaluable for any company using cloud-based services, especially as an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
1. System Operations on AWS Overview
2. Networking in the Cloud
3. Computing in the Cloud
4. Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
5. Monitoring in the Cloud
6. Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
7. Configuration Management in the Cloud
8. Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
9. Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises
- Working knowledge of systems administration or software development
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Systems administrators
- Operations managers
- Individuals responsible for supporting operations on the AWS platform