Cloud Services Planning and Design
Cloud Services Planning and Design Course Details:
This expert-level course provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and design for robust cloud services in a cloud and IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) environment. Building on the skills acquired in the Cloud Infrastructure Planning and Design course, this course focuses on governance, organizational, financial, and technology aspects as well as the management and operation of cloud services. Through lecture, discussions, case studies, design examples, and a series of interactive labs, you will learn how to design solutions that transform business operations and cloud environments to support a cloud services model. The course is applicable to enterprise, service provider, and existing data center operations considering cloud and cloud services. This course focuses on core concepts, principals, and technologies rather than specific products. To provide context, the course includes EMC-specific examples and case studies.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Understanding IT Transformation and Cloud Services
2. Technology Planning for Cloud Services
3. Governance Planning for Cloud Services
4. Financial Planning for Cloud Services
5. Organizational Planning for Cloud Services
6. Services Creation and Management
7. Cloud Services Trends and Futures
8. Planning and Design Review
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- ITaaS concepts and benefits as well as various elements helping drive institutions to an ITaaS delivery model.
- Define, assess, and plan for cloud services from the perspective of Governance, Finance, Organization, and Technology (GFOT).
- Planning and design strategies for cloud services
- Significance of the service catalog, templates, service level agreements, orchestration, provisioning, and automation when building and deploying cloud services
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs designed to give you practical experience.
- Five or more years of design experience in compute, network, and storage, including the design of virtualized infrastructures in support of key cloud attributes
- Understanding of cloud delivery and service models, as well as the services lifecycle
- EMC Information Storage and Management (EMCISA)
- EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services (EMCCIS)
- VMware Certified Professional (VMCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Individuals responsible for the design, development, and implementation of a cloud strategy and cloud services within their organization, including:
- IT and operations managers
- Service management teams
- Cloud administrators
- Line of business (LOB) technical managers