Core XML Fundamentals (TT4300)
Core XML Fundamentals (TT4300) Course Details:
In this course, you will learn the practical use of W3C standards (including XSL and XML Schema) and implementation tools and technologies. This course is programming language independent, making it useful for Java, .NET, C++, and any other programming orientation. You will learn to apply XML to projects at both an architectural as well as a line by line coding level.
You will receive a copy of the "Xtensil" product, this unique software was developed to assist in implementing, testing, and fielding XML applications. Xtensil is used as both a teaching aid and a straightforward, basic, fully functional XML toolkit that you can use on Windows and Linux platforms.
1. XML Content
- XML Mechanics
2. XML Structure
- Structure Using Document Type Definitions (DTD)
- Structure Using Schemas
3. XML Formatting
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Rendering XML
- XSL Transformations
- XSLT and XPath
- XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0
- XSL FO (Formatting Objects)
4. Applying XML
- XML Interoperability
- XML Performance Improvements
- Web Services (Optional)
- XML Applications
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Write well-formed XML documents
- Model business requirements using XML
- Handle XML reserved characters
- Validate an XML document with a document type definition (DTD) and a Schema
- Centralize data and mark up definition with entities
- Create DTDs and Schemas using XML tools
- Generate XML documents from databases
- Write XSL templates to transform XML documents into HTML
- Integrate XML, XSL, and the Document Object Model (DOM) to implement a complete solution
This course is approximately 50% hands-on exercises and 50% lecture.
Software developers who need an introduction to concepts and technologies associated with XML and its related recommendations