DB2 11 for z/OS Application Programming Workshop
DB2 11 for z/OS Application Programming Workshop Course Details:
This course enables you to acquire the skills necessary to produce application programs that manipulate DB2 databases.
Emphasis is on embedding Structured Query Language (SQL) statements and preparing programs for execution.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Incorporate static SQL statements in an application program
- Prepare the program for execution
- Validate execution results are correct
- Produce code to support multiple rows being returned from the database manager using cursors
- Identify considerations regarding units of work, concurrency, and restart of programs
- Identify differences between static and dynamic SQL
- Provide test data for applications
- Discuss program and DB2 options relative to performance of static SQL
This intermediate course is for application programmers who need to write embedded SQL programs in COBOL or PL/I (on z/OS).