IBM InfoSphere DataStage Essentials (v11.5)
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Essentials (v11.5) Course Details:
This course enables the project administrators and ETL developers to acquire the skills necessary to develop parallel jobs in DataStage. The emphasis is on developers with only administrative functions which are relevant to DataStage developers are fully discussed. In this course, you will learn how to create parallel jobs that access sequential and relational data and combine and transform the data using functions and other job components.
Note: While class exercises are performed within an InfoSphere DataStage v11.5 environment, our expert instructors can provide guidance on all versions and their differences.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- DataStage uses
- Information Server architecture and DataStage options
- Using the Information Server Web Console
- Import and export DataStage objects
- Design, compile, run, and monitor DataStage parallel jobs
- Design jobs that read and write to sequential files
- DataStage parallel processing architecture
- Design jobs that combine data using joins and lookups and that sort and aggregate data
- Implement complex business logic
- Debug DataStage jobs
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating system
- Familiarity with database access techniques
Project administrators and ETL developers responsible for data extraction and transformation using DataStage.