Korn and Bash Shell Programming
Korn and Bash Shell Programming Course Details:
This course will teach you how to use shell scripts and utilities for practical system administration of AIX (or other UNIX) operating systems.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Distinguish Korn and bash shell specific features
• Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
• Understand system shell scripts such as /etc/shutdown
• Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration
You should have:
- An understanding of programming fundamentals: variables, flow control concepts such as repetition and
- A working knowledge of AIX including the use of the vi editor, find and grep commands.
Students without this experience should attend AIX Basics
This course is for support staff for AIX on POWER systems