IBM InfoSphere Information Server Administration - Administrative Tasks V11.5
IBM InfoSphere Information Server Administration - Administrative Tasks V11.5 Course Details:
In this course you will learn about the basic administrative tasks necessary to support Information Server users and developers.
The course begins with a functional overview of Information Server and the products and components that support these functions. Then it focuses on the basic administrative tasks an Information Server administrator will need to perform including user management, session management, and reporting management tasks. The course covers both the use of Information Server administrative clients such as the Administration Console and Metadata Asset Manager and the use of command line tools such as istool and encrypt.
Note: While class exercises are performed within an InfoSphere Information Server v11.5 environment, our expert instructors can provide guidance on all versions and their differences.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- List information server functional categories and the information server products and components that support them
- List and describe the information server architectural tiers
- Access information server clients, including thin clients using the information server launch pad, the
- Information server engine clients, and the information server console clients including information
- Analyzer and information services director
- Create and configure information server users and groups
- Manage information server active sessions
- Manage information server reporting
- Work with information server command-line tools including tools for session administration, user and group management, and encryption
- Use the istool functionality to query, export, and import information server repository assets
This basic course is for those who will be administering Information Server and its product components.