Check Point Cyber Security Administrator (R80.20 GAiA)
Check Point Cyber Security Administrator (R80.20 GAiA) Course Details:
In this course, you will learn the basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades. During this course, you will configure a security policy and learn about managing and monitoring a secure network, upgrading and configuring a security gateway, and implementing a virtual private network (VPN).
Date: 10/30/2023 - 11/01/2023 (Monday - Wednesday) | 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (EST)
Location: ONLINE (Virtual Classroom Live)
Delivery Format: VIRTUAL CLASSROOM LIVE Request Quote & Enroll
- Interpret the concept of a Firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
- Describe the key elements of Check Point?s unified Security Management Architecture.
- Recognize SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
- Understand Check Point deployment options.
- Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
- Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
- Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified Security Policy.
- Summarize how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
- Recall how to implement backup techniques.
- Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
- Recognize Check Point security solutions and products and how they work to protect your network.
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize performance improvements.
- Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities.
- Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities.
- Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN traffic.
- Recognize how to define users and user groups.
- Understand how to manage user access for internal and external users.
- Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
- Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Upon completion of this course, students are able to:
- Introduction to Check Point Technology
- Security Policy Management
- Policy Layers
- Check Point Security Solutions and Licensing
- Traffic Visibility
- Basic Concepts of VPN
- Managing User Access
- Working with ClusterXL
- Administrator Task Implementation
Lab 1: Working with Gaia Portal
Lab 2: Modifying an Existing Security Policy
Lab 3: Configuring Hide and Static NAT
Lab 4: Managing Administrator Access
Lab 5: Installing and Managing a Remote Security Gateway
Lab 6: Managing Backups
Lab 7: Defining Access Control Policy Layers Defining and Sharing Security Policy Layers
Lab 8: Working with Licenses and Contracts
Lab 9: Working with Check Point Logs
Lab 10: Maintaining Check Point Logs
Lab 11: Configuring a Site-to-Site VPN
Lab 12: Providing User Access
Lab 13: Working with Cluster XL
Lab 14: Verifying Network Compliance
Lab 15: Working with CP View
- General knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, network technology, and the Internet
Technical persons who support, install, deploy, or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course. This could include the following:
- System administrators
- Support analysts
- Security managers
- Network engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSA certification