Check Point Cyber Security Engineering (R80.20 GAiA)
Check Point Cyber Security Engineering (R80.20 GAiA) Course Details:
In this course, you will learn how to effectively build, modify, deploy, and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the GAiA OS. We will study firewall processes and examine user and kernel processing and stateful inspection. Labs include configuring security gateways, implementing VPNs, and performing advanced troubleshooting tasks on the firewall.
- Identify advanced CLI commands.
- Understand system management procedures, including how to perform system upgrades and apply patches and hotfixes.
- Describe the Check Point Firewall infrastructure.
- Describe advanced methods of gathering important gateway data using CPView and CPInfo.
- Recognize how Check Point?s flexible API architecture supports automation and orchestration.
- Discuss advanced ClusterXL functions.
- Describe VRRP network redundancy advantages.
- Undersand how SecureXL acceleration technology is used to enhance and improve performance.
- Understand how CoreXL acceleration technology is used to enhance and improve performance.
- Identify the SmartEvent components that store network activity logs and identify events.
- Discuss the SmartEvent process that determines which network activities may lead to security issues.
- Understand how SmartEvent can assist in detecting, remediating, and preventing security threats.
- Discuss the Mobile Access Software Blace and how it secures communication and data.
- Understand Mobile Access deployment options.
- Recognize Check Point Remote Access solutions.
- Discuss Check Point Capsule components and how they protect mobile devices and business documents.
- Discuss diferent Check Point Solutions for attacks such as zero-day and Advanced Persistent Threats.
- Understand how SandBlast, Threat Emulation, and Threat Extraction prevent security incidents.
- Identify how Check Point Mobile Threat Prevention can help protect data accessed on company-issued smartphones and tablets.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Upon completion of this course, students are able to:
- System Management
- Automation and Orchestration
- Mobile and Remote Access
- Threat Prevention
Lab 1: Upgrading a Security Management Server to R80.10
Lab 2: Applying Check Point Hotfixes
Lab 3: Configuring a New Security Gateway Cluster
Lab 4: Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
Lab 5: Configuring Manual Network Address Translation
Lab 6: Managing Objects Using the Check Point API
Lab 7: Enabling Check Point VRRP
Lab 8: Deploying a Secondary Security Management Server
Lab 9: Viewing the Chain Modules
Lab 10: Working with SecureXL
Lab 11: Working with CoreXL
Lab 12: Evaluating Threats with SmartEvent
Lab 13: Managing Mobile Access
Lab 14: Understanding IPS Protections
Lab 15: Deploying IPS Geo Protection
Lab 16: Reviewing Threat Prevention Settings and Protections
Lab 17: Deploying Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction
Expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of a security gateway, which includes:
- System administrators
- Support analysts
- Network engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSE certification