Understanding UML2 Course Details:
In this course, you will learn about best practices that can be readily applied to the analysis of your requirements. You will practice applying requirements diagramming methods in a series of workshops. This course is endorsed by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®).
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. UML Overview
Introducing UML and the UML diagrams that support the requirements process
2. Context Diagram
- Identifying three levels of context diagramming (Business, System, and Subsystem)
- Identifying actors Modeling key information on a context diagram
3. Use Case Diagram
- Identifying and naming use cases
4. Activity Diagram
- Developing a business process model
- Introducing activity diagram notation
- Differentiating between as-is and to-be activity diagrams
- Tips on improving the as-is business process
5. Sequence Diagram
- Basic applications of a sequence diagram
- Modeling the dynamic behavior of a simple system using a sequence diagram
6. Class Diagram
- Basic applications of a class diagram
- Using a class diagram to model data and behavior of a system
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Business Analysts
- System Analysts
- Project Managers
- Individuals interested in learning how to apply the UML diagrams during the requirements phases